Position: Director of Advancement/Major Gifts
School: Elyria Catholic High School
Location: 725 Gulf Road, Elyria, Ohio 44035
Phone number: 440-365-1821
Send cover letter and resume to the attention of Amy Butler, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
Reports to: President
The purpose of this position is to develop and implement a comprehensive development program for Elyria Catholic High School. The Director is accountable for providing leadership and strategic and tactical direction to Elyria Catholic. The Director is responsible for securing resources from individuals, including managing the Elyria Catholic Fund, and organizing events in support of initiatives aligned with Elyria Catholic's strategic plan.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with the President in developing the comprehensive planning, implementation and evaluation of the school's goals, with specific focus on the strategic plan.
- Direct the school's fund development plan. Establish short (annual) range goals and objectives.
- Work on the implementation of the goals and objectives relating to the strategic plan (3 year, long range goals).
- Plan, write, direct and assure the implementation of the Elyria Catholic Fund appeal.
- Coordinate all fundraising activities for the school to develop a consistent organized approach to fundraising.
- Works with President to identify, cultivate and solicit major gifts.
- Maintain a level of knowledge and skills required to serve in the capacity of the Advancement Director by attendance at workshops or conventions and participation in professional organizations.
- Assure the development and implementation of a comprehensive public relations and communications plan. Relates with these segments of the public: parents of current, former and future students; local civic and business leaders, area residents and local religious communities and feeder schools.
- Act as editor for the school magazine, Panther Prowl.
- Manage a timely and accurate acknowledgement and stewardship process.
- Manage and monitor Elyria Catholic's donor database (Raiser's Edge) and provide relevant reporting.
- Exceptional verbal and written skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a schools' Advisory Council.
- Understanding of Catholic education and a passion for its mission, including the drive to lead the school in its strategic plan
- Ability to use Raisers Edge.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while communicating planned activities to the President
- Demonstrated expertise in fundraising from individual gifts, corporations/foundations, events, and annual giving campaign.
- Bachelor's degree required (advanced degree preferred) with at least 5 years of progressive experience in fundraising and/or development
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain partnerships and collaborate successfully across a diverse group of stakeholders to meet mutually agreed upon outcomes
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities to execute appropriate strategic initiatives timely and effectively.
- Active member of a Roman Catholic parish.