ELYRIA CATHOLIC HIGH SCHOOL C.A.R.E.S. PARENT PLEDGE We pledge our dedication to the following guidelines out of love and concern for all of our students and our hope for their future.
We, the adults in the EC community, agree to send a consistent message and be role models to our sons and daughters that alcohol use under the age of 21 and any use of illegal drugs is both illegal and unacceptable.
- We will not permit our home to be used for unsupervised parties. If we will be out of town, we will notify the parents of our children’s friends, and other responsible adult (s) that we will be out of town.
- We will not permit the serving of alcohol or drugs to others’ minor children on our property, nor will we tolerate the presence of alcohol or other drugs brought on our property by minors. We will take all actions steps necessary to keep these substances off our property during a student gathering.
- We will make every effort to prevent students from driving if we know or suspect they have been drinking or using drugs. And pledge to alert said parent(s) of the condition of a student.
- We will require our sons and daughters to observe reasonable hours.
- We will take measures to be certain our sons and daughters attend gatherings that are properly chaperoned and will not include the use of alcohol or other drugs. And will communicate to our children that if they are in an uncomfortable situation that they need to call home and a ride will be provided.
- Parental communication is critical to the care and well being of our most precious commodity-our children